About this Mobile Web App
How Does This App Work?
The user can either request a One-time Current Location (a one-time snapshot of the user's location) or a Continuous geographical location in real time in case the user is in motion. The user can also Clear the Geographical Location data.
The Latitude, Longitude Location Accuracy properties of the Geolocation Object and the Date|Time of the response are always returned. Other geolocation properties are optional and returned if available, depending on the browser and device you are using.
Features of the Geolocation App
- Displays your location on map for a One-time request.
- Displays HTML5 geolocation core properties all the time and optional properties if avaibable depending on the browser and device used.
- Continuously updates geolocation core properties if you are in motion with optional geolocation properties if avaibable.
Geolocation Core Properties:
- Latitude (degrees): a positive number means that you are North of the Equator.
- Longitude (degrees): a positive number means that you are West of Greenwich in London.
- Your Location Accuracy in meters.
- The Date and time of the Geolocation response.
Geolocation Optional Properties if Available:
- Your direction as degrees clockwise from North.
- Your speed in meters per second.
- Your Altitude in meters above the mean sea level.
- The accuracy of the Altitude output.