Frequently Asked Questions
Check the most common Questions. Please Contact us, if you cannot find your answer.
- What are your main services?
Here is a summary of the services that we offer:
- Develop a new customized Website: We develop a high-quality, well structured Website customized to your needs.
- Develop Flash Website.
- Redesign your existing Website to run more efficiently, be more dynamic, and generally achieve more.
- Maintain your Website.
- Develop Internet Marketing strategies for your business.
- Design Logos and Business Cards.
- Custom web application development and advanced web programming.
- Photo Restoration.
- Develop WordPress and Joomla! Websites for your business.
- Why Have a Website?
- The web is increasingly becoming an important medium for businesses across the globe.
- New customers will be able to locate you and repeat customers will always know how to find you.
- A Website can save you time and make you money.
- A website can have a map to your business, where your customers will find you fast.
- And here are 12 More Reasons
- Why should I hire someone to do my Website?
Your Website should reflect the same attention to detail and quality that you put into your business. You put a lot of hard work into creating the right image for your business and you want to carry that image over to the Internet.
You could create your own Website, but do you have the eye for design and the technical savvy to create that great first impression? If you use a pre-built template, your Website may look like hundred others and not unique to your business. You have a unique business, so why not have a unique Website? Also, web development is ever changing and you want to make sure your Website complies with the most browsers, reaches the most users, and meets the current Web standards.
- What are the things involved when planning a Website?
There are many things to consider when planning your Website:
- Who is your target audience?
- How do you envision the layout of information on your Website, how many pages?
- Content: Do you have text that already exists in any brochures? Does your existing text work for your website?
- Visual appearance: Keeping your target audience in mind, decide on some of your graphical elements, and the Color model for your Website.
- Forms: Do you need a Contact form?
- eCommerce: Do you want to sell products online with a shopping cart?
- How Does Blue live Online Create a Website?
- Definition: There is an initial consultation, to get your input of what you are looking for in a Website. Also, you give me your current printed materials including business card, letterhead, advertising materials, company brochure, company logo, and pictures. If you don't have any of these things, don't worry. We can start from the ground up and develop a look individual to you.
- Content Design: Many clients have already prepared text they wish to use to deliver their message. From here, we outline what copy will appear on each page.
- Visual Design: Blue Olive Online will present you with visual designs for review using the materials you have sent and the colors you have chosen.
- Development: After you have approved the results of the first three steps, I begin to actually build the site, including placing photos and creating the necessary graphics, and adding content.
- Testing: At Blue Olive Online, we do an extensive testing on your Website. Please refer to our Testing Procedure for a more detailed explanations.
- Proofing: We proofread the content and deliver a local copy of the Website for your feedback.
- Promotion: We submit your website for registration with major search engines. And also we implement the steps as discussed in the Services section.
- Maintenance: If you chose, We will maintain the Website as needed.
- Why Choose Blue Olive Online?
Creating a Website is a very personal experience and is different with every client. You can choose to be involved in every step or you can leave the details up to us, either way We guarantee the final product will be a professional website with a look unique to you. We work very hard to make sure that you are satisfied with the final product.
There are two equally important ingredients in creating a great Website: content and presentation. Good presentation requires that the Website is easy to navigate, as well as having eye appeal, while keeping in mind that users have variety of browsers and will see your Website differently.
We provide Website registration, which is the process of submitting a new website to various search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. Your pages must be coded properly and they must be registered to various search engines, in order to have maximum exposure to the world.
We hand-code all our websites, and we have deep knowledge with the ins and outs of a Website. This means that we don't use any WYSIWYG editors and we don´t believe in them. We make sure that the Website, before being published, follows all standards as we will explain later.
- How long will it take you to complete my Website?
Completion time of a website depends primarily upon how quickly you can supply all of the information needed for the site. In most cases, a Website takes 3 to 5 weeks to complete.
- What do I get for my money?
You will get a website designed to load quickly and be viewable in all major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera browsers). The website is designed and developed to be professional and unique to you. We want people to visit your website, stay for a while, come back and tell their friends. We are as proud of your website as you are, and want it to represent our abilities.
- What are your strengths?
Here is the short list:
- Graphics and Code Software: Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Markup Languages: (X)HTML, CFML, XML
- Styling Language: CSS
- Query Language: SQL
- Frameworks: WordPress, Joomla!
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft Access 2007
- Programming Languages: C, C++
- What Does Web Accessibility means?
Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can use, navigate, and interact with the Web, and that they can contribute to the Web. Web accessibility also benefits others, including older people with changing abilities due to aging.
Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities. For example, a key principle of Web accessibility is designing Web sites and software that are flexible to meet different user needs, preferences, and situations.
Accessible Websites also increases usability which ultimately benefits all users. Additionally, Accessibility has important, beneficial implications for Search Engine Optimization; many of the same features which make a website truly accessible also increase the visibility of a website to search engine´s robots, improving their search ranking in popular search engines, most especially Google.
Making a Web site accessible can be simple or complex, depending on many factors such as the type of content, the size and complexity of the site, and the development tools and environment. Many accessibility features are easily implemented if they are planned from the beginning of Web site development or redesign. Fixing inaccessible Web sites can require significant effort, especially sites that were not originally coded properly with standard XHTML markup.
Blue Olive Online also ensure that your Website is compliant by using CSS which separates presentation from content. Using CSS, dramatically reduces the amount of code the search engines have to go through. Developing your Website with CSS ensures that your content is seen by the search engines.
As part of the testing procedure, We check to make sure that the Website is valid for Accessibility.
- What is Validation? And Why validate?
Validation is a process of checking the code against a formal guidelines published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) for HTML and XML-derived Web pages. There are many reasons to write valid HTML, XHTML, and CSS and to check for valid links. Here are some of them:
- If you want your Website listed on search engines then make sure that you have good HTML coding. Many engines cannot properly index a site that has serious HTML errors. This can greatly reduce the amount of traffic your Website receives from search engines.
- Properly coded HTML will render better, render on more browsers, and render faster than HTML with errors. It is also more easily adapted to print and alternative browsing devices like mobile phones.
- Properly coded HTML is more likely to be “future-proof” (backward compatible with future standards and future web browsers.
- Broken links can quickly drive visitors away. How many times have you been annoyed when you found a broken link?
- Problems such as “ugly” pages caused by poor HTML coding constantly drive visitors away from Websites
- Browsers are becoming more standards compliant, and it is becoming increasingly necessary and important to write valid and standards compliant HTML.
- Writing error-free HTML is the best way to help ensure that pages render optimally in as many browsers as possible. This includes older browsers and browsers that are yet to be developed.
- Write it right the first time and write it once. Write it wrong, and you may be writing it again later.
- Any other testing done on the Website?
Yes. Besides the HTML, CSS, and Accessibility validation mentioned above. There are more testing done on the Website early during the development stage and upon the final phase to ensure compatibility with the maximum number of browsers, which are:
- All external and internal links of the Website are working.
- The Website is developed to be printer-friendly, which means that the user can use the print function at the browser´s menu without being redirected to another page.
- The Website is extensively tested to display and function properly on multiple browsers, and multiple versions of the same browser: IE6+ (Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11), Mozilla Firefox 3+, Safari 4+, Opera 10+, and Google Chrome 4+.
- The Website will be tested to display properly at different screen resolutions: from 800 by 600px to 1600 by 900px.
- Last but not least, the Website will be proofread for content multiple times, to make sure that the content is meaningful, to the point, and error free.
Please refer to our Testing Procedure for a more detailed explanations.
- What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a Website from search engines via “natural”search results. Typically, the earlier a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine.
The roles of an SEO specialist are to identify the strategically defined keywords and phrases that will drive the most qualified traffic to your website, to resolve existing technologies in the website that may hinder search engine visibility, and to strategically optimize the website´s content and Meta data to correlate with search engine algorithms. In addition we follow strict coding rules suggested by Google.
Your Website will be coded and optimized for Search Engines.